Geraldine Multi Challenge
Geraldine Lions Club proudly presents the
GERALDINE MULTI CHALLENGE
SUNDAY 19TH MARCH 2017
Thanks to all those entrants that responded to our questionaire regarding preferred day - Sunday has come up as the most preferred day.
Geraldine Multi Challenge, previously known as the Geraldine Bike Challenge is a multi discipline event for bike riders, runners and walkers, of both sexes and all ages. Families are particularly welcome as are serious athletes. In fact there is a category for everyone no matter what your ability. All are welcome.
The event is organised by the Geraldine Lions Club with all profits going to the Lions Club of Geraldine Charitable Trust for donation to charitable causes. The beneficiaries for the 2017 event is to be local charities. All courses will still start and finish at the Orari Race Course situated on Orari Station Road 1.5 kms from Orari township or 5.8 kms from Geraldine.
- The Geraldine Challenge is a 52 kms ride taking in the tracks beside the Orari River as well as some road and paddock riding and a single track section through native bush. The Don McMurtrie Memorial Trophies are at stake for the first female and first male to finish in this race.
- The 32 kms Intermediate Challenge also follows the river-side tracks as well as some road riding.
- The Recreational Fun Ride is 18kms and is all on the river tracks.
All entries received by the official closing date qualify for spot prizes and there are cash prizes for top two placings in all age and gender categories in the Classic and Intermediate Challenges.
For the 2017 event we are introducing a category for E Bikes in both the 32km Intermediate Challenge and the 18km Recreational Ride. E Bike riders will pay the same entry fees as riders of conventional mountain bikes. They will be eligible for spot prizes but will not be eligible for prize money. Entries will be accepted on race day and will attract the same late payment charge as all other entrants.
- A 21.8km” half marathon” using the same Orari river- side tracks
- A 13.8km run also using the tracks
- A 5.8km fun run / walk.
As for the biking events all entries received by official closing date will qualify for spot prizes and there will be cash prizes for top two placings in the 21.8km and 13.8km races.